Monday, September 17, 2007

Cupcake Cottage

Some of you have probably already discovered this, but if you want cupcakes from the Cupcake Cottage, you might as well call and order a dozen or so. It is almost impossible to get there in time to enjoy the full selection, and even if you do, the guy in front of you will probably order all of the remaining cupcakes because he overheard you and it made him hungry. Jerk.

So, as you can probably tell, I made it over to the cottage o' cupcakes. If you can make it over there by 10:15, you should have a slightly limited selection of their full regiment. They open at 10 and apparently most of the cupcakes they make each day are sold before the doors ever even open. I don't know if thats a fact, that just seems to be the case. Anyways, I can understand why.

I tried a mixture of what was remaining (there wasn't much) and by far, the best cupcake I had was the fiori di Sicilia. The flavor page of the website says it is flavored with pure vanilla, almond, and citrus. The flavors were pronounced but not overpowering, the dwarfy cake was moist and the icing was not the kind you find at grocery stores that taste like the first step to a root canal. I'm not a huge super sweet fan so for me, this was great.

The red velvet was next and it was good with no complaints. I don't know anything about what makes a great red velvet cake but this one tasted right to me.

Finally, I had a chocolate cupcake. I'll be honest. In my opinion, a chocolate cupcake is a chocolate cupcake is a chocolate cupcake. This one was definitely good. It was moist, it had good flavor, and again, the icing was good, but compared to the fiori di sicilia, it was just a chocolate cupcake.

Some of you cupcake connoisseurs may have differing opinions, but this isn't your blog so you'll have to settle for making a comment. But, as support, my fiance agreed with me on the cupcakes. So thats two recommendations for the fiori di sicilia.

Oh, and no hard feelings towards the guy that ordered all the cupcakes my fiance and I were planning to order. He knew the cupcakes were great and he knew that when you go, you should order everything they have because it may be the last time you get there early enough to get anything.

Edit:

I knew I was forgetting something. The Cupcake Cottage is on El Campo, just east of Camp Bowie. To your right you'll see a link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is the cupcake cottage?

FortWorthHoleInTheWall said...

The Cupcake Cottage is on El Campo, just East of Camp Bowie. I just added the link to the main page. Thanks for the reminder.