Monday, December 10, 2007

Updates

Lili's - You have to try the gorgonzola burger. I know, they have lots of fancy things there, but you have to get this. Trust me. Don't order it along with the gorgonzola fries though. You will die of happiness. Lili's has asked people to stop dying of happiness.

The Original - The Roosevelt special truly is special. A taco, chalupa (why don't they just give you another taco?), enchilada and bowl of queso. Simple, yet brilliantly delicious. Take a four hour break, get your hair cut next door and eat at the Original. You'll be fatter and balder and better for it.

El Asadero - I'm not a fan of the mole sauce enchiladas. I guess I'm not an authentic Mexican person. There have been signs pointing to that conclusion but I just realized the truth. I still think the green enchiladas cure AIDS.

Tamales - there's an article on the Star-Telegram website about tamales and where to find them for the Christmas season. Many of these places have deadlines to order so check them out soon.

4 comments:

cd0103 said...

We tried El Asadero on your recommendation. OMG-- We died and went to heaven. My husband had the green enchiladas. I ordered ala carte. I had one green enchilada, one mole enchilada (enchilada poblano) and a beef taco.

I thought all were great, but ordering ala carte made me miss what may be the best rice and beans I have ever tasted in my life.

Hey--- we will share meals with you if you ever want to take us out on a review.

cd0103 said...

We tried El Asadero on your recommendation. OMG-- We died and went to heaven. My husband had the green enchiladas. I ordered ala carte. I had one green enchilada, one mole enchilada (enchilada poblano) and a beef taco.

I thought all were great, but ordering ala carte made me miss what may be the best rice and beans I have ever tasted in my life.

Hey--- we will share meals with you if you ever want to take us out on a review.

FortWorthHoleInTheWall said...

Finally, somebody who is willing to share food. Although, after you've seen me eat you probably would not be interested in touching my food. Thats most likely a joke.

I'm glad you enjoyed El Asadero. The FDA announced last week that they also cure gingivitis.

John said...

I took the wife and parents to El Asadero on Thursday night. My wife and I had been before, but my parents had not. I was craving "mole". So, I got the mole chicken enchiladas and my mom got the 1/4 chicken with mole. She enjoyed it very much and I loved my enchies. The house margs are darn good too. We'll continue to go back until.....