Thursday, January 26, 2012

George's Has Reopened!!!

For those of you who have sorely missed your sub sandwich and delicious Greek food from George's Specialty Foods - I bear good news.  The small shop on White Settlement has reopened after a long and painful period of hunger for us fans.


I can report that the sub sandwich is still better than any other sandwich in town and with the gorgeous weather expected for this weekend, you can bet those doors will be open.  If you haven't been to George's, you're only hurting yourself.  The rest of us appreciate the available seating. 

Originally, I was introduced to George's by way of their Greek Sandwich which is a turkey sandwich with a Greek salad combined for maximum amazingnessitity.  But then one day, a friendly old chap in front of me ordered the sub sandwich.  He ordered with such delight that I had to follow.  The sub sandwich has the Greek dressed lettuce and tomatoes, on a sub sandwich and something mysterious.  I'm not sure what it is, but that doesn't matter.  Because it makes the Greek Sandwich taste like the second best option at George's.  Which isn't saying much.  But it's filler for this page.  Don't you hate that you just wasted time reading that sentence and now this one? 

Now that George's has reopened, FWHITW is back in operation.  Hope you haven't found a new "useful" restaurant resource.  Welcome Back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to trying George's. We need more Mediterranean restaurants in the area. I'd love to see you review my favorite hole in the wall, Celaborelle Phoenician Buffet on Hemphill. The food is amazing, cheap, and plentiful.